Monday, September 14, 2009

Video: LA honours Mallika Sherawat with honorary citizenship

The video shows Mallika Sherawat being honoured with an honorary citizenship from the city of Los Angeles. This is first time in the history of Hollywood, a career recognition, honorary citizenship and official resolution was bestowed upon a Bollywood star by the city of Los Angeles.

"As the first Indian Bollywood actor to receive this recognition, I proudly accept it in honor of my home country, mother India, and my beloved Bollywood, the world's largest film industry", Mallika Sherawat said after receiving the honour in August 2009

Mallika Sherawat looked stunning in a Dolce and Gabbana black suit, carrying a classy bag by Gucci, in the ceremony in which she received the honour in front of members of the entertainment industry, friends, family and fans during a ceremony at Los Angeles City Hall on the eve of Indian Independence Day.

"Thank you. I am deeply, and humbly, grateful for this grand honour," she said. "As a new 'NRI', I dedicate this to all the millions of NRIs who came before me. I hope to follow in their footsteps, and continue the great tradition exemplified by Indians around the world. I am deeply touched, and eternally thankful for this acknowledgment. Jai Ho, Los Angeles!"

No comments: